This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect, process and store your personal data through your use of our site, www.holisticemailmarketing.com, as well as offline interactions or other online interactions (such as email) with Holistic Email Marketing Ltd.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
We are Holistic Email Marketing Ltd (“Holistic”), a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 08394077) with its office at 201 Borough High St, London, SE1 1JA and its registered office being 21-23 Croydon Road, Caterham, Surrey, CR3 6PA.
What information we collect
If you purchase services from us, communicate with us, or do business with us, this will result in us collecting personal data about you (for example, we collect the name, address, email, and telephone number of business contacts).
We also collect information provided if you fill in a form, complete a survey, etc., which may include personal data (please see ‘Marketing’ below). We do not normally collect sensitive personal data. In the event you provide us with any sensitive personal data, we will take extra care to ensure your rights are protected.
We sometimes collect additional information about actual or prospective customers from third-party sources. Most of the time this won’t be personal data (for example, we might obtain information about a company’s business and performance), though on occasion we may receive personal data (such as a person’s work email or telephone number, or details of their role within a business).
How we use your information
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or to the extent necessary to:
- enter into, or perform, a contract with you;
- comply with a legal duty;
- remember your preferences e.g. if you ask not to receive marketing material, we will keep a record of this, or for our own (or a third party’s) lawful interests (such as marketing, internal record keeping, market research or to improve our products) provided your rights don’t override these.
We will only use your information for the purpose it was collected (or for similar/related purposes). For our clients, this includes using use personal data to the extent necessary to perform our contractual obligations (such as administering their accounts and providing them with services).
We will never sell your personal data or share it with third parties who might use it for their own purposes, without your explicit permission.
What data do we collect, and for what purpose and what grounds we process it
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, last name, job title, company name, and country.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us.
- Technical Data may include your internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, actions taken (such as downloading a whitepaper), your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products, emails and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
How we collect your personal data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- subscribe to our email update service or publications;
- register for a virtual or in-person event;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- enter a prize draw, promotion or survey;
- Make an enquiry or give us feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics provider Google based [in OR outside] the EU
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based [inside OR outside] the EU]
- Advertising networks [such as Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn and YouTube based [inside OR outside] the EU]; and search information providers [such as Google based [inside OR outside] the EU]
We use personal information (such as email addresses) to market and promote our services to other businesses. We use both explicit permission as well as legitimate interest where applicable, to send you marketing content. If you download a whitepaper, we may use legitimate interest to send you further whitepapers, guides and event invitations related to your original download and to process your data. If you have provided explicit permission to receive our newsletter and marketing content, we will use legitimate interest to process your data to enable us to perform the action to have signed up for.
You can choose to ‘opt out’ of Holistic Email Marketing’s marketing communications at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with unsubscribe in the subject line. If you wish to change your contact details or preferences, please email us email@example.com
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Holistic Email Marketing Ltd (where such Data is held) on provision of proof of identity.
Data security is of great importance to Holistic Email Marketing Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your Personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law and GDPR.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Holistic Email Marketing Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
|Targeting cookies||These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.|
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings and preferences.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Any questions about your personal data or this policy should be directed to the following address: The Data Protection Officer, Holistic Email Marketing Ltd, 201 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1JA, alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 24th May 2018