Episode 3, Tuesday 14th July 2020
Email & More: The Forgotten Women – Being Black in Email with Adeola Sole, Sharna Sommerville, Lisa Jones, and Annette Evans
Join us for this ground-breaking panel on The Forgotten Women – Being Black in Email, with moderator Adeola Sole of Holistic Email Marketing and expert panelists; Sharna Sommerville of Movable Ink, Annette Evans of GPS, and Lisa Jones of Eyemail.
Topics discussed include:
- Whether Black women should continue to work for change and growth within companies, or should they go the entrepreneur route to avoid limitations placed on them?
- The ongoing effort in always having to defend your competency as a professional, as it’s always being questioned
- The need for Black women to being included within the C-Suits, and not just as being a Director of Diversity
- Being given less empathy for situations than others within the office
- The ongoing challenge of whether to speak up for yourself and risk your job or position, or stay silent and safe
- The enforced job-hopping in order to get the position and pay you deserve, as internal routes often do not allow for growth and progress through the ranks.
- The inability to be authentic and true to themselves, and the need to be more ‘Caucasian’