Last week we had our second Holistic Live! Together, a morning meet up partnered with Pure360. We had brilliant feedback for the event with most attendees asking us to run them more often – so we’re planning on making them a regular thing!
Kath Pay from Holistic Email and Komal Helyer from Pure360 spoke about Marketing Automation. A big thank you for all the people who came and made it such a fab event with lots of great questions and discussions.
Here are some take-aways from the talks:
- Marketing automation is innately personal – use personalisation to enhance the customer experience and make it all about the customer.
- Write for your audience by addressing their challenges and pains
- Use a Welcome series and make sure to trigger it immediately upon sign up.
- Identify and optimise the purchase journey touch-points with upselling and post-purchase programs (keep them relevant and customer-service based!)
- Browse abandonment: Use a softer approach than an abandoned basket programme as it’s only midway down the purchase funnel and include
- recommendations. Be customer-service oriented in your messaging.
- Basket abandonment: send in real time and send as a series. This is a huge touchpoint for claiming lost revenue as it’s so low down the purchase funnel.
- Make the most of Machine Learning by including intelligent recommendations and other customer-service features.
- Above all, lead with strategy, not technology.
❝A captivating talk that really helped to simplify the core objectives❞ — Lucy
❝Great event, I will definitely return❞ — Rhiannon
❝Great to hear about other attendees email issues, some of which we share and learn from.❞ — Rosie
Our next event date is TBC, please sign up to our Holistic Insights to stay informed.